Things to Know about Travel InsuranceLast edited on 10/08/2017
” Will my cruise line refund me?, How do I know I can trust the company?, What is the refund policy? , Will I be covered in the event or a natural disaster or terrorism?”. These are some of the common questions that a normal traveler would tend to ask! What if their travel insurance fails? What would be the respective consequences that would probably occur? Well, Then we would suggest you go further and find the clauses, which might help you.
First of all, some people would not even be aware of the fact that there is insurance for your travel too! It also exists there! Let us clear the fact for the term, travel insurance for you first.
- Travel insurance can usually be arranged at the time of the booking of a trip to cover exactly the duration of that trip, or a “multi-trip” policy can cover an unlimited number of trips within a set time frame
- Travel insurance is insurance that is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident along with the other losses incurred while traveling
- The higher ones are chiefly for countries that have high medical costs, such as the United States
- Some policies offer lower and higher medical-expense options
What Does it Cover?
These days the Travel Portal Development Company in India are focussing on adding this kind of section too in their portals or travel agency software and are successfully delivering it to their clients. The most common risks that are covered by travel insurance plans are Medical treatment, including transportation to the medical facility. They can be further categorized as :
- Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption
- death, bodily injury, illness, disease, or pregnancy complications
- compulsory quarantine
- jury service
- being called as a witness
- prohibition of travel by the government to the intended destination
- Repatriation of remains
- Trip cancellation
- Trip interruption
- Visitor health insurance
- Accidental death, injury or disablement benefit
- Lost, stolen or damaged baggage, personal effects or travel documents
- Overseas funeral expenses
- Delayed baggage
- Flight connection was missed due to airline rescheduling or delay
- Travel delays due to weather
- Medical expense coverage can be per-occurrence or maximum-limit
The coverage for the same matter can be further explained as for the travel insurances.
Some travel policies will also provide cover the other costs too, although these vary widely between providers.
- Sports with an element of risk (e.g. skiing, mountain climbing, scuba diving)
- Travel to high-risk countries (e.g. due to war, natural disasters or acts of terrorism)
- Additional AD&D coverage
- Pre-existing conditions (e.g. asthma, diabetes)
Rental Car Coverage
- Cancel for Any Reason Coverage
- 3rd party supplier insolvency
- Acute onset of pre-existing conditions
Travel insurance can also provide Pre-existing medical conditions must be declared prior to the trip start date. Also the helpful services, often 24 hours a day, 7 days a week that can include concierge services and emergency travel assistance. You just need to pay a little attention while choosing your travel insurance plan . In case you ignore this requirement and fall ill during your trip abroad, you may find that you are not covered.